Zulu Cultural Tour and Zulu Dancing from Durban
Take a step back and relive the moment on this 8-hour Shakaland tour, as you enter the world of the Zulu king, the great King Shaka, the most able leader, politician, and strategist of his generation. Experience the sight of Assegaai-wielding warriors, share the fascinating secrets of the Sangomas and witness traditional customs such as tribal dancing, spear making and the beer-drinking ceremonies. Tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, driver-guide, entrance fees and buffet lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local driver/guide
- Zulu Dance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Zulu beer sample
- Entry/Admission - Shakaland
What's excluded :
- Drinks, unless specified
- After hotel pickup, take a step back and relive the moment, as you enter the world of the Zulu king, the great King Shaka, the most able leader, politician, and strategist of his generation. On this guided tour, learn about the Zulu culture and how it evolved in the cradle of nature. As they open their doors, meet craftsmen and community members who create spears, shields, beadwork, and pots, witnessing their skills and artistry. Discover the secrets of the Sangomas and sample traditional Zulu beer.
The climax of your visit takes place in the ‘Great Hut' where the Zulu warriors and the maidens of the Chief showcase thrilling and dynamic dance routines using colorful props. The performance is followed by a scrumptious buffet lunch at Shisa Nyama restaurant, overlooking the Phobane Lake.
Upon completion of your tour, you will return to your hotel in Durban or Umhlanga.
Departure Point :Hotel in central Durban, Ballito, Umhlanga & King Shaka International airport
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.