Ziwa African Rhino Tracking One Day Uganda Safari
The Rhino Fund Uganda was established with the aim of restoring extinct rhinos in Uganda’s wildlife. In 2005, the first breed of white rhinos was brought into Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, a private ranch donated by a well-wisher to act as a breeding site for the critically endangered species. Over the years the population of the rhinos has been slowly but steadily increasing, a visit to the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to see the invaluable creatures is worthwhile.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Rhino Fund Uganda ( Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Travel Insurance
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rhino Fund Uganda ( Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary), Gulu Highway Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Nakitoma Uganda
Our professional driver and guide will pick you from Kampala in the morning for your departure to the Ziwa rhino sanctuary, which is the only place in Uganda where the surviving rhinos are kept. As you travel Northwards, you will stop briefly in the infamous Luwero Triangle-where brutal massacres preceding the takeover of power by the ruling government occurred.
You then arrive at the sanctuary, you will be briefed by the rangers about the dos and don'ts while on the rhino trek. It is important to give heed to the rangers' instructions because the rhinos can become aggressive when they sense a need to defend themselves. The quest is normally done on foot with the help of an armed guide, before its too hot because high temperatures cause the creatures to retreat from feeding and walking through the park. Once you locate the rhinos, you have the opportunity to watch them for over an hour as they relate with each other and go about their daily business.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Kampala-Entebbe Airport, 14 Kitaasa Rd, Entebbe, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
We can further pick you from any point around Kampala.Airports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.