Zipline Tarzan Swing and Blue River Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa del Coco
Enter a spectacular rain forest at majestic, smoking Rincon de la Vieja volcano for an adrenaline rush along 9 zip lines woven from treetop to treetop and across grand waterfalls. Then freak-out jumping on the Tarzan Swing to cross the river. Then hike through trails looking out for exotic plants and wildlife, by waterfalls that lead to an astonishing blue river.
After a delicious lunch, activities at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs include 4 different "natural mineral" hot spring pools & a fresh water pool with a bullet water slide; apply natural mud bath and take a natural sauna; meander the tropical Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Gardens, orchid garden, hummingbird sanctuary, Koi, Bird & Caiman Lakes, turtle ponds; pet miniature donkeys and horses; and much more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & change-room
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- 7:00 to 8:00am: Pick-up from for hotel/apartment around beached of Playa del Coco or Playa Panama. Be transported with bilingual guide to a lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano.Time and location will be communicated in advance.
10am: Arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to the Blue River Canopy Park where your eco-adventure begins. Fling along nine long zip lines, woven from treetop to treetop in Northern Costa Rica's rainforest jungle. To complete this adventure, swing down from the trees like Tarzan. Next, hike along forest trails to view a breathtaking blue volcanic river, cascading waterfalls, exotic plants and wildlife. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest and colorful birds.
12:30pm: Time for a delightful lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs.
1:30pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral green hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees centigrade
• Visit miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa
4:00-4:30pm: Departure and return in time for dinner
Departure Point :From your Hotel or Apartment
Departure Time :
Between 7am and 8am
Time and location will be communicated in advance.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Maximum waist size 40" (102 cm)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.