Zipaquirá Private Day Tour including the Salt Cathedral and Colonial Town
On this tour you’ll explore the underground world of the famous Zipaquirá Salt Mine Cathedral, an unbelievable and beautiful labyrinth of tunnels, passages and paces of worship; above ground you’ll discover the charming colonial town of Zipaquirá, and wander the streets of this wonderful old city.
You’ll be collected at 8:30am and be taken directly to the salt mine of Zipaquirá, where you will meet your bilingual guide and join in a tour of the Salt Cathedral. This is also where you’ll uncover an ancient salt mine 590 ft (180 m) underground converted into an amazing church that receives as many as 3000 people every Sunday of the year.
Once you’ve finished your tour, taken many many photos and come to understand how important this location has been for hundreds of years to the locals of this area you’ll take the short trip to the town of Zipaquirá where you’ll wander around the grand Plaza (main square), Independence Square and one of the oldest churches you can find in Colombia.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entrance Fees
- Bilingual Guide - During your tour of the Salt Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the plan
- Experiences and Transportation not mentioned in the plan
- Personal expenses and tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
You’ll be collected from your accommodation in Bogotá at the comfortable time of 8 am and taken directly to the salt mine of Zipaquirá. Where you’ll uncover the ingenuity of the people who 590 ft (180 m) underground converted this ancient salt mine into the amazing church that receives as many as 3000 people every Sunday of the year.
Once you’ve finished your tour, taken many photos, and come to understand how important this location has been for hundreds of years to the locals of this area you’ll take the short trip to the town of Zipaquirá.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Zipaquira, Zipaquira, Cundinamarca Department
You’ll wander the streets of Zipaquirá checking out the grand Plaza (main square), Independence Square, and one of the oldest churches you can find in Colombia.
Once you’ve admired all the magnificent buildings and taken many magnificent photos you’ll be driven back to your accommodation in Bogotá in our comfortable vehicle with an expected arrival of between 1 and 2 pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You'll be collected and dropped off to your hotel in Bogotá
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are always monitoring health and security issues and will always keep our travelers' informed of any necessary changes that may be needed for upcoming travel plans.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.