Zhouzhuang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide
Visiting a 900 year-old water village Zhouzhuang with it's famous Double bridge, Zhang Residence & Shen Residence, taking a relaxing boat ride through the town.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottle water
- English speaking driver guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Zhouzhuang lies at the middle between Shanghai and Suzhou, is an ancient town of Kunshan city, Jiangsu province, where abounds with rivers and lakes. It is thought by many to be the best water town in China. This ancient town has a history of more than 900 years old with many houses built in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. There are about 100 houses with courtyards and 60 of them have arch gateways made by carved bricks.
After 1.5 hour driving, you will arrive zhouzhuang water town, start your tour by a walk to the double bridge with the view of a oil painting made by Chen Yi Fei which make this town famous, following a visit to Zhang's Residence , one of the few remaining Ming Dynasty buildings. Originally built by a relative of one of the Ming founders, it was later sold to the Zhang family. Now it’s owned by the local government, and has been meticulously restored. It has a sprawling area of 70 rooms, and is unique on account of the Ming-style columns that make up its construction. It also has a free-flowing riverthrough the complex , which allows boats through.
Next stop will be Shen's Residence, Built in an aristocratic style during the early Qing Dynasty, this sprawling palace covers almost 2,000 m2 (21,500sqft) and is the biggest residence in the town. It is made up of over 100 rooms surrounding seven courtyards, and is divided into three sections: The water gate and warf; the Tea and Main Halls which were for receiving guests and conducting important ceremonies; and the living quarters.
A boat ride along canals will show you different view with each turn it makes in the town. you may have time to try local snacks or practice your bargain skill in local shops before the return trip.
Departure Point :Lobby of your hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual with comfortable walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.