Zhangjiajie Private Day Trip: Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Avatar Mountain
• Admire Zhangjiajie National Park, UNESCO World Heritage Site for its awesome sandstone peak forest geology
• Get great views while taking the cable car up Tianzi Mountain
• View Helong Park, Imperial Brush Peak, and the West Sea of peaks at Tianzi Mountain
• Admire the cloud-laced pillars that inspired the 'Hallelujah Mountains' of movie Avatar
• See the ‘Avatar Hallelujah’ Mountain, No.1 Bridge under Heaven, and more
• Ride one of the highest outdoor elevators in the world, Bailong Elevator
• Hike the picturesque Golden Whip Stream
• Experienced English speaking tour guide
• Overland transfers with private chauffeur and in-transport refreshments
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All admission tickets to sightseeing places
- All government taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle with private experienced driver
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- Entry/Admission - Tianzi Mountain
- Entry/Admission - BaiLong Elevator
- Entry/Admission - Golden Whip Brook
What's excluded :
- Halal Meals
- Hotel accommodation
- Your personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide & driver (US$5 per person per day).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie 427000 China
Included in the spectacular Wulingyuan Scenic Area near the city of Zhangjiajie, the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park was the first area to be protected as a national park in China. Famed for its sandstone karst pillars stretching skywards which are draped in sub-tropical rainforest, the park was initially founded as a state-run tree farm in 1958 before being officially protected in 1982. The park’s famous sandstone pillars are the result of thousands of years of erosion by water draining through crevices. This water becomes acidic when it comes in contact with the carbon dioxide in the surrounding soil and atmosphere. Over time, this water drains through the fractures in the rock, gradually dissolving it away into the unique and iconic karst landscape seen today in Zhangjiajie. This process is further assisted by the expansion of ice within the crevices over Zhiangjiajie's chilly winter months, creating ever-wider spaces between the karst pillars.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tianzi Mountain, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie 427400 China
Tianzi means Son of Heaven. The Mountain was named after a minority leader who led a revolution around 900 years ago. What amazes travelers here is the various grotesque peaks. Each one has a story behind, which is quite typical in China as Chinese people love to combine imaginary legends with sceneries. Tianzi Mountain is known as 'the Monarch of the Peak Forest'. At the top of the mountain, visitors can see the full extent of the Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Beautiful scenes of the mountain greet visitors in different seasons. Scenic spots here include: Yubi Peak (Imperial Brush Peak), Fairy Spreading Flowers Peak, Warrior Taming a Horse and Devine Troops.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yuanjiajie, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China
Yuanjiajie is the place that was used as the backdrop in the James Cameron movie “Avatar”. Huge rocks with unique shapes rising from deep valleys and surrounded by higher mountains. It offers a breathtaking sight and looks like a painting. Scenic spots here at Yuanjiajie include: Avatar Hallelujah Mountain, the First Bridge under the Heaven, Back Garden and Enchanting Stage. Avatar Hallelujah Mountain, named Southern Sky Column before the movie Avatar, is an independent and giant pillar rising abruptly from the valley. The Avator Hallelujah mountain has a vertical height of about 150 meters (165 yards) and has lush vegetation on the top.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: BaiLong Elevator, National Forest Park, Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie China
The Bailong (Hundred Dragons) Elevator is a 335 m tall glass elevator built onto the side of a huge cliff in the Yuanjiajie scenic area. The construction started in October 1999, and it was opened to the public in 2002. There are three lift rooms that can take 48 passengers at a time, with a speed of 3 minutes per second. It is the world’s tallest outdoor sightseeing elevator and the fastest passenger elevator with the biggest capacity.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Golden Whip Brook, In Wulingyuan District, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie 427400 China
The Golden Whip Stream is one of the best hiking routes with the most amazing views. One-way trip is around 7.5km (4.7 miles) and needs around 2.5 to 3 hours to finish. It is worth every single minute of your hike. The murmuring stream is all along the hiking route with clear water, verdant forests, various wild flowers, and singing birds. Be careful of the naughty monkeys here that are always ready to rob travelers’ food. What’s especially wonderful here is the fresh air. You will walk about 40 minutes along the stream to enjoy an eyeful of green plants and listen to the gurgle of streams and singing of birds.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up Time: Between 07:00 and 10:00, choose a departure time most suitable for you.Pick-up & Drop off Place: Your self-booked accommodation in Zhangjiajie.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Keep your passport on you constantly. It might be needed to buy entrance tickets.
- Lunch is not included in this tour, please have a big breakfast and pack snacks just in case you get a bit peckish during sightseeing. There are only a few halal restaurants in downtown Zhangjiajie. No Halal food available within the scenic areas. McDonald or KFC at scenic areas have pork-free food.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.