Zat Valley and these rock engravings
After the pickup direction Yagour is also a pastoral territory of more than 70km, belonging to the Berber tribe. It is between 1900 and 2700m above sea level, or even higher towards the Meltsene which rises to 3600m.
In April, after the snowbeds, vast and green meadows -agdal- cover the plateau of Yagour. These highlands are open for transhumance in June, and each year they welcome more than 5000 shepherds and their herds from around 50 douars of the High Atlas. This day of excursion will bring to the chance of our walk time of meetings with the shepherds Berbers in summer on the Yagour.Une excursion High Atlas original which combines the beauty of the crossed sites, the discovery of the rock engravings and the meeting with the transhumant shepherds . A beautiful discovery through the ancestral history of this region. It will give you the desire to go hiking in the High Atlas, the Yagour or the Zat Valley.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
We propose you a day of excursion High Atlas on the plateau of Yagour with the discovery of the sites of rock engravings.
More than 1000 engravings to discover: Shields, axes, clubs and daggers; but also humanoid and bovid, whose dating would be earlier than 3000 BC You will also find various symbols in the form of spirals, labyrinths, circles, serpentiforms ... interpreted as traps especially when they are associated with animals, or as symbols that have an appearance and a religious and spiritual role. Near rock carvings there are pre-Islamic tumuli and remnants of dwellings of a very ancient period.
• Marrakech-Safi, Marrakech-Safi
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up in any hotel in Marrakech with an air conditioned comfort 4x4,Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
7/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.