Zanzibar Traditional Cooking Class
Warmly welcome to join our Zanzibar traditional cooking class, with originality from our ancestors, all the cooking tools are copied from our old times when our grandparents enjoyed good days with food around coastal of Zanzibar. Cooking class with vegetable and spices harvesting in the farm will give you insight of uses of spices in the food and also as medicines! The lessons are extremely informative and full of learning and practical time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- Bottled water during the tour
- Entrances Fees
- All taxes and service fees included
What's excluded :
- Medical Insurance
- International Flights
- Airport Taxes
- Expenses of a personal Nature
- Take a tour with your chef through Darajani for market tour and learn on our culture of buying, after shopping transfer to Dole village in the central part of Zanzibar for the spice tour. A guided walking tour passes through villages and spice plantations to harvest some of ingredients with the Chef, and back to the class where we will cook together three courses, and dessert. A walk through the farms as spice farms workers climbs trees, seek out specific plants and cuts off various barks, letting you see, feel and taste everything. You will be decorated with palm-leaf accessories such as ties, rings, bracelets and glasses. At the Spice farms you will have an opportunity to taste some of the exotic fruits of Zanzibar.
At the end of the hands-on cooking session, we sit down around and enjoy the 4-course meal together. our program runs throughout the year and can be joined by people of all ages. Our cooking classes are divided into two parts , cooking class and harvesting of organic vegetables and cooking class with spice tour. Duration 3 - 4 hours, it takes place once each day.
Departure Point :Darajani Street, Darajani St, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.