Zanzibar Spice Tour
Tasty tropical fruits & spices
Walking in the spice plantation to sense the spice of the Island
Ladies will have Zanzibar lipsticks painted on their mouths.
Locals will decorate you with hand crafted ties, hats, glasses, and jewelry made from palm leaves.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- 1 Bottle of water during the tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees
- All entrance fees included
What's excluded :
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guide/driver
- Local Flight
- Airport Taxes
- In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world. The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical climes. Nowadays the plantations are a tribute to the island’s past, swapping spices for tourism, combining both in a spice tour, one of the most popular excursions on the island. Walk through the spice farm with your guide. Touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. Try to guess which is which, from the crushed leaves, the fruit, shoots and vines and creepers crawling up the trees. Learn about their properties, their origins and their use as medicines and in food and drink.
A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes, taste the fruits in season and try some spiced tea. Depending on the season you are visiting, you can find anything from vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, lemon grass, cloves, ylang ylang, cumin, garlic, ginger, coriander, pepper, allspice, tamarind, chilli, oregano and more! Fruits can include banana, pineapple, jack fruit, custard fruit, oranges, star fruit, tangerine, passion fruit, mango, avocado, pear, papaya, grape fruit and many others.
Departure Point :Dole Nursery And Primary School, Dole Mosque, Urban, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off our clients to all hotels around the Zanzibar Isalnd.Airports
- Karume International Airport, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Zanzibar Ferry Terminal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.