Discover the beautiful island of Zakynthos, which is steeped in history and culture. Get a glimpse of the life on the island away from the tourist resorts whilst enjoying the breathtaking scenery.
Learn about the island from an experienced guide, who will tell you all about the island including some things you will never read in a guide book!
Visit an olive oil factory to learn how the famous Zakynthian olive oil is produced in the winter; enjoy a delicious meal in a traditional taverna in one of the many mountain villages and see so much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Boat tickets for the optional trip
- Entry/Admission - Porto Vromi Beach
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Koiliomenos 290 92, Greece
On the way upto the mountains you will pass through the village of Kiliomenos and see the famous bell tower.
Pass By: Agios Leon, Agios Leon, Zakynthos, Ionian Islands
You will also pass through the traditional village of Agios Leondas.
Stop At: Kampi, Kampi, Zakynthos, Ionian Islands
From the village of Kampi you can see the spectacular views over the cliffs and the magnificent view of the out-stretched Ionian Sea. There will also be chance to have refreshments here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Maries, Maries, Zakynthos, Ionian Islands
Then travel to Maries, where it is said that Mary Magdalene stopped on her way to Rome to protest the crucifixion of Christ and started preaching Christianity.
Stop At: Porto Vromi Beach, Ανώνυμη Οδό, Maries 290 91 Greece
The next stop will be a visit to the caves in the north of the island. Here you can take an optional boat trip to the caves. Small boats will take you to the caves which are riddled with hollows eroded by the sea. Blue light is reflected on the walls making the experience truly magical and definitely worth seeing. Anyone not wishing to go out on the boats can relax on the shore or take a quick dip in the sea.
The boat ticket is payable extra: 6 euros per person
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Anafonitria Monastery, Plemonariou, 291 00 Greece
The next stop will be Anafonitria where the famous monastery of St Dennis, the patron saint of the island, is located. Here St Dennis served as an Abbott for the majority of his life until his death on 17 December 1622. St Dennis was well-known for his healing powers and compassion. In 1703 he was declared a saint. It is worth knowing that the monastery has recently been renovated uncovering 15th century frescoes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Volimes, Volimes, Zakynthos, Ionian Islands
Volimes is another small village in the very north of the island and is famous for its handmade crafts and homemade products. You will have the opportunity here to sample and purchase various local products, if you so wish.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Katastari, Katastari, Zakynthos, Ionian Islands
The bus will cross over to the northeast of the island and head to a stunning photo stop in Katastari which overlooks Alykes and beyond.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bochali, Bochali, Zakynthos, Ionian Islands
Finally, there will be an opportunity to take in the great views overlooking Zakynthos Town and Port from the village of Bochali, where the remains of the old Venetian Castle lie. Bochali is a popular spot for locals, especially on an evening, where they can relax and meet up with friends.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have pick up points in all the main resorts of the island. When booking we should be informed about the name of the accommodation, so that we can inform guests about the exact pickup point and time.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.