Zagora Desert: 2-Day Trip from Marrakesh
You will get to explore a wide range of appealing places and sites, including high Atlas mountains, fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou, Kasbah of Taourirt in Ouarzazate and Draa valley. Experience camel riding and overnight in the desert.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel, tolls and any associated expenses
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver
- Overnight stay with HB (dinner and breakfast) in desert camp
- Camel riding (camel each for the adults, children share the ride with their parents)
- Hand pick-up and drop-off if your hotel is located outside the Medina
What's excluded :
- Lunches and drinks
- Local guide in Ait Ben Haddou and in Taourirt Kasbah (about 2€ each)
- Tips (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou
- Entry/Admission - Taourirt Kasbah
Day 1: Marrakech - High Atlas Mountains - Ait Ben Haddou - Zagora
Stop At: Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou, Douar Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou 45000 Morocco
Begin your journey from Marrakech at 8am and head towards Ait Ben Haddou, a fortified village listed as a UNESCO heritage site since 1989, by crossing the High Atlas mountains via Tizi N'Tichka pass while you enjoy the stunning landscapes of the mountains and Berber villages along the way. During a 4-hour drive, you will have several stops for short breaks and pictures before getting to Ait Ben Haddou. After the visit of the Kasbah (old castle) and lunch, you will continue to Zagora through Anti Atlas mountains and Draa valley.
Arrive in Zagora around 17pm and ride camels for one hour into the desert of Zagora until you get to the camp where you will spend a starry night. After dinner in the camp you will enjoy a drums party around campfire (if the weather allows) held by local camp staff.
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at standard camp of Zagora Desert Camp
Day 2: Zagora - Ouarzazate - Marrakech
Stop At: Taourirt Kasbah, Avenue Mohammed V, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
After breakfast, drive back to Marrakech via Ouarzazate to visit the Kasbah of Taourirt (one of Morocco's most spectacular historical legacies) and films studios. Ouarzazate is known as Africa's Hollywood, many foreign and local movies have been filmed in the area including Gladiator, Game of Thrones, The Mummy...etc. After having lunch continue to Marrakech.
You will be expected to arrive in Marrakech at 6pm approx.
Duration: 8 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Hôtel Restaurant Café de France, jamaa el-fnna، Rue des Banques, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is located inside the Medina, the meeting point is Hotel Restaurant Cafe de France in Jamaa el Fna Square. Otherwise, we will pick you up from your hotel. Form some hotels outside Marrakech an extra fee of 10 to 40€ may apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.