Yorkshire Dales Day Trip from York
This Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, visiting Bolton Castle, Askrigg (filming location for Darrowby in the James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small TV series), Kettlewell (main filming location for the Calendar Girls movie), The Oldest Sweetshop in the World at Pateley Bridge and the traditional Dales Market Town of Hawes, where you will have the opportunity to sample the cheeses at the award-winning Wensleydale Creamery, the home of Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group mini coach tour, limited to 16 people.
per adult from
8 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Relaxed and friendly small-group tour
- Comfortable 16-Seat Mini-coaches with Air-con & WIFI
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located meeting point near York Minster
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to attractions (all optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Bolton Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bolton Castle, Nr Leyburn, Leyburn DL8 4ET England
We arrive at Wensleydale’s most famous landmark, the 14th century Bolton Castle which once housed Mary Queen of Scots, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy and photograph the magnificent views over Wensleydale, learn a bit about the history of the area from your Guide, or just have a leisurely Yorkshire Brew in the medieval castle’s Tea Room – the choice is yours!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Askrigg, Leyburn DL8 3HL, UK
We then take the scenic route towards Hawes, passing through Askrigg, the fictional village of Darrowby in the James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small TV series.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Wensleydale Creamery, Gayle Lane, Hawes, Yorkshire Dales National Park DL8 3RN England
We spend one and a half hours in Hawes, the highest Market Town in England, where you can maybe grab some lunch and sample the complimentary handcrafted cheeses at the world-famous Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre, visit The Dales Countryside Museum, or just explore the quaint shops and cafes of the town itself – the choice is yours!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Yorkshire Dales National Park, Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire, England
We leave Hawes and travel into the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park for some photo stops as we pass through the picturesque Dales villages along the meandering route of the River Wharfe.
Stop At: Kettlewell, Kettlewell, Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire, England
We arrive in the traditional Dales village of Kettlewell, made internationally famous in 2003 as the main filming location for the Calendar Girls movie. You can explore the village and learn more about the true story behind the movie, or just enjoy a beer or coffee with the locals in one of the pubs and cafes – whatever you prefer!
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Grassington, Grassington, Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire, England
We continue our journey through the beautiful countryside of the National Park, passing Kilnsey Crag and the village of Grassington as we head through the rolling hills of Nidderdale, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Stop At: Oldest Sweet Shop In England, 39 High Street, Pateley Bridge HG3 5JZ England
Finally, there will be a short stop in the charming little town of Pateley Bridge, category winner in the Great British High Street Competition in 2016, where you have the option to visit “The Oldest Sweet Shop in the World” (2014 Guinness Book of Records). We leave Pateley Bridge and head back to York.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Duncombe Place, Duncombe Pl, York YO1, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted, on the strict condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them and purchases a ticket for the child
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adverse weather/road conditions, particularly during the winter months, may result in the route and itinerary having to be changed on the day
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Service animals are allowed by prior arrangement only
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our tours are COVID-secure, in accordance with the "We're Good to Go" Industry Standard.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.