Yellowstone Private Guided Day Hike: Dramatic Bunsen Peak and Osprey Falls
This hike offers 360 degree panoramic views from a mountain peak! It also offers the option to view a dramatic canyon and hike to a gushing waterfall!
Includes compass lessons and scientific instruments are available to make the hike interactive.
Accessible for most participants. The trail is challenging but can be made shorter upon request.
Join us for a genuine Yellowstone experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bear Spray for participants over the age of 16
- Map and Compass for practice
- Trekking Poles
- Lunch - *Lunches are available if bookings are made 24 hours prior to departure. We cannot guarantee lunch availability for bookings made within 24 hours of departure.
- Your guide has a B.S. in Environmental Science and is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- National Park Entrance fee
Hike all the way to the top of Bunsen Peak and relax. There's an option to add more miles and vertical feet by visiting Osprey Falls as well! Your guide has a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, years of backcountry experience and is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
The hike gains 1300 vertical feet over 2 miles from the trail head to the summit and reaches an altitude of 8564'! There are many beautiful resting points where we will take breaks while your guide provides enriching information about this area of the park.
At the summit, everyone will have time to stretch, relax and unwind before we head down the other side. At the base of the peak we will stop above the Sheepeater Cliffs and enjoy another dramatic vista. Parties have the option to even hike to Osprey Falls (this adds 3 miles and an 800 vertical foot climb) if everyone is up for the added challenge!
7 - 10 miles
1300' - 2200' gained
Challenging difficulty - Suitable for individuals with a moderate level of fitness
5 - 7 Hours car to car
• Bunsen Peak, Yellowstone National Park, WY
• Osprey Falls Trail, Yellowstone National Park, WY
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up times and meeting depend on your lodging location. Your guide will contact you about a week before your trip to go over rendezvous details!
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/29/2021 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 08:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.