Yellowstone Guided Day Tour From Jackson Hole
Upon leaving your hotel in Jackson Hole, you will stop at Big Thumb by Yellowstone Lake. The magma underneath Yellowstone park heats rain water and melting snow at about 8 miles below the earth surface. The water finds its way back to the surface of the earth, in the form of mud volcano, fumarole, warm and hot springs. Your tour route will lead you to Hayden Valley, home to wolves, Grizzlies, buffalo, and even bald eagles.
Once you leave Norris Geysers, the next stop will be the Fountain Paint Pots. Here you will find mud with doses of chemicals bubbling, warm springs and sky blue warm water. The deep blue water is as result of depth of the spring and the color of the sky. You will stop at the Grand Prismatic Springs.
Old Faithful will be your last stop on your Yellowstone lower loop tour. The warm geyser shoots out water from its vent every 90 minutes, plus or minus 10.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase
- Day tours of Yellowstone begin from Teton Village, Jackson Hole and Jackson Wyoming. You will stop at one of the best delis in Jackson where you will choose items that go into your delicious sandwich. You can buy sandwiches at the deli or pack your lunch at the hotel before departing for the tour. All travelers will be provided with free cold water. On route into Yellowstone your guide will allow you to use binoculars (provided) to view all of the different wildlife animals and scenic landscapes.
You will pay park entrance fees. Your one optional spot will be the Glacial Turnout and definite stops include Oxbow Turn out, Jackson Lake, Yellowstone Lake, Le Hardy Rapids, Mud Volcano, Hayden Valley, Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Norris Geysers, Grand Prismatic Spring, Old Faithful and Castle Geysers. Your tour guide will lead you in a wildlife patrol where you may be able to see wolves, grizzlies, moose, elk, antelope and buffalo.
Departure Point :Jackson Hole, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.