Yaxha Day Tour from Flores
The ruins of Yaxha comprise one of the largest Mayan complexes of northern Guatemala. A knowledgeable guide will lead you on a tour of the archeological site, including its remarkable temples and impressive pyramids. You’ll learn about the pre-Columbian Mayan culture that constructed this classic ceremonial site, which overlooks the Yaxha and Sacnab lakes. Lunch plus round-trip transport from Flores and Santa Elena Peten hotels, or Mundo Maya International Airport, is included. Enjoy personal attention on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ramada by Wyndham Tikal Isla de Flores, Playa Sur, Sin Numero Flores Peten Isla de, Flores, Guatemala
You will be pick up at your hotel and transfer to the park to start an adventure inside on the jungle surrounded by local vegetation and fauna of the area, we can admire the majesty of the pyramidal complexes and the awesome landscape that offer to you Yaxha.
Stop At: Yaxha, National Park, Peten Guatemala
Located in the modern-day department of Petén, northern Guatemala, it is approximately 30 kilometers southeast of Tikal, Yaxha is situated on the north shore of Lake Yaxha.
Yaxha is the third largest ruin in Guatemala, with only Tikal and El Mirador being larger. The centre of the city consisted of a number of plazas and architectural groups, with outlying groups and the lake shore linked by causeways. The main architectural groups are the Maler Group to the north, linked to the central area by the Blom Causeway, the South (or Main) Acropolis, the West Group, the Northeast Acropolis, the East Acropolis and a number of plazas and lesser groups make up the site core. The city was linked to the shore of Lake Yaxha by the Lake Causeway.
Yaxha is notable for the unique survival of its toponym from the classical period. The name of the city is of ancient origin, literally meaning blue-green (Yax) water (ha). A thriving ceremonial center in it´s heyday, it has over 500 structures, including 40 stelae, 13 Altars, 9 Temple Pyramids, and 2 Mesoamerican ball courts.
At the end of the tour, you will have time to have a traditional Guatemalan lunch.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Selva Tropical 100 Flores, Departamento de El Petén, Tikal National Park 17013 Guatemala
You will transfer back to the hotel in flores
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you are lodging at a hotel on the Island of Flores, please be requested to move to our meeting point (Hotel Ramada, Calle playa sur, Isla de Flores Peten) to be picked up for your excursion. Our tour guide or driver pick up you around 08:00 hours please be sure to be at that time at the indicated place
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.