Yakage Town Historical Walking Tour
Uncover the little-known treasures of Yakage Town on a one-day insider walking tour with a local guide. Explore the ancient route that the feudal lords took when they walked to Edo (the old name for Tokyo), visit Yakage Honjin where samurai and dignitaries stayed, local businesses that have been in operation for over 200 years, still making the same goods. Marvel at the Edo architecture and visit specialty food shops to sample artisan Japanese sweets, sample freshly picked fruit and vegetables. As you walk, you'll learn the history of this town and meet locals that have lived in the town for generations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- • 10:00 Get picked-up from Yakage train station (on Ibara Train Line)
• 10:20 Receive an information booklet and brief orientation from your guide
• 10:40 Visit Yakage Honjin the Samurai Residence
• 11:40 Visit Ishii Soy Sauce Brewery
• 12:00-13:00 Eat a traditional Japanese-style lunch
• 13:00-13:45 Participate in a Traditional Japanese Sweet-making workshop
• 14:00-15:00 Learn how to write Japanese Calligraphy
• 15:15-16:00 Visit Daitsuji-teien Temple to walk around the temple gardens, sit and drink tea.
• 16:00-17:00 Free time to do some shopping
• 17:30 Return to Yakage train station
What is included:
• Lunch is included in the tour price, if you require special menues please tell us and that can be arranged. Additional costs may be applied.
• Entrance into museums and historical sites is included.
• Workshop fees and materials are included.
• An English speaking guide is included. If you require other language support we can arrange for it. Additional costs may be applied if multiple guides are needed for language purposes.
• All transportation within Yakage Town is included in the tour. Transportation to and from Yakage Town is not included and is the responsibility of the visitor.
Departure Point :Yakage Train Station (Ibara Line)
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.