WWI Private Day Trip with Belleau Wood & Museum of the Great War from Paris
Immerse yourself in World War I history with a day trip from Paris north to France’s Picardy region. Visit Aisne and Marne, two major parts of the western front where some of the deadliest American battles occurred. See trenches and other traces of battle as you explore Belleau Wood, and pay your respects at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery. Head to nearby Meaux to visit the Museum of the Great War, a moving testament to the scope and tragedy of WWI.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Transport by Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Aisne Marne American Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - Chateau-Thierry Monument
- Entry/Admission - Historial de la Grande Guerre
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Belleau, Belleau, Aisne, Hauts-de-France
You’ll be picked-up by your guide at your central Paris Hotel in the morning and get taken on a 1.5-hour drive north to Belleau,
a village in France’s Picardy area that, together with Marne, made up one of the major (and now most famous) parts of the western
front during World War I. Many important battles took place in this region, including the First Battle of the Marne and the Second
Battle of the Marne, which developed into a significant Allied victory.
Stop At: Aisne Marne American Cemetery, Rue des Chevaliers de Colomb Belleau Wood American Monument, 02400 Belleau France
Start with a visit to the 42-acre (17-hectare) Aisne-Marne American Cemetery to pay tribute to the American troops who fought in the Aisne and Marne area. Wander around the cemetery and visit the Memorial Chapel – built on top of front-line battle trenches, here you can see the names of 1,060 missing American soldiers.
Stop At: Chateau-Thierry Monument, 2 Miles West of Chateau-Thierry, 02400 Chateau-Thierry France
Your next stop is the Cote 204 Monument at Château-Thierry, which represents the friendship between France and the US and
commemorates the achievements of US forces in this region during WWI. This monument stands high above the beautiful Marne Valley and Champagne vineyards, offering beautiful views for you to enjoy.
Stop At: Historial de la Grande Guerre, Chateau de Peronne Café du musée & terrasse en accès libre, 80200 Peronne France
Take a break for lunch on your own before continuing to Meaux to learn more about WWI history. Your guide will take you to the
Museum of the Great War to show you fascinating remnants from the war. See 50,000 war-related objects from many of the countries involved in WWI, giving you a deeper understanding of the worldwide dimensions of the conflict.
After your time in the Museum of the Great War, board your private (minibus or car) for a calm, reflective ride back to Paris,
arriving at your hotel around 5:30pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: On specific arrondissements, Complimentary pick-up is offered for this tour/activity:Kindly note that accommodation must be centrally located in Paris with postal / zip code 75001, 75002, 75003, 75004, 75005, 75006, 75007, 75008, 75009, 75010, 75011, 75012, 75013, 75014, 75015, 75016, 75017, 75018.No pick up or drop off can be accommodated for the for postal / zip code from 75019, 75020Address: Please note: Complimentary pick-up is offered for this tour/activity. To benefit from this service you must either provide us with the name of your accommodation in Paris at the time of reservation or alternatively contact Paris TRIP at: • Locally on 01 42 12 86 76 • Internationally on +33 1 42 12 86 76at least 48 Hour(s) prior to your tour/activity date to confirm the exact pick-up location. If you are not arriving within the specified time frame, please contact Paris Trip prior to your travels, or immediately upon arrival at your destination.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The duration is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.