WWI Arras & Vimy Ridge Battlefields Small-Group Day Trip from Paris
Discover France’s World War 1 history on this small-group day trip from Paris to some of northern France’s most famous battlefields and cemeteries. Venture to the region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais, formerly known as Artois, famous for the many WW1 battles that took place there. With your guide, visit the Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery in Souchez and the Canadian National Vimy Memorial, commemorating of the Battle of Vimy Ridge. Enjoy free time to explore Arras, the capital of the Pas-de-Calais department, and learn about the Battle of Arras at the Monchy-Le-Preux Memorial.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by Air-Conditionned Minibus
- Guided tour of Vimy Ridge site
- Pay tribute to WWI soldiers at famous Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery
- The Ring of Remembrance - Notre Dame de Lorette
- Entry/Admission - Canadian National Vimy Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Cimetiere du Cabaret Rouge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canadian National Vimy Memorial, Chemin des Canadiens Route D55, 62580 Givenchy-en-Gohelle France
Enjoy a scenic drive to the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of northern France. First, visit the Canadian National Vimy Memorial in the farming town of Vimy. With your guide, explore the 250-acre (100-hectare) park and learn how it served as the battlefield for
the famous Battle of Vimy Ridge during World War 1. See the monument in the center of the park, where the names of thousands of soldiers are inscribed into the stone.
Stop At: Cimetiere du Cabaret Rouge, D937, 62153 Souchez France
Next, head to the Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery, located in the nearby town of Souchez. Named after a house that once stood there, this cemetery was designed by the architect Sir Frank Higginson and is one of the largest in the region. Follow your guide around the cemetery and learn about the 7,655 Commonwealth soldiers buried here.
Stop At: Arras, Arras, Pas-de-Calais, Hauts-de-France
Drive south to the capital of the Pas-de-Calais region, Arras, and enjoy free time to explore on your own and discover the city’s
spectacular squares. This historic center of the former Artois region, located on the Scarpe River, dates back more than 2,000 years.
Your guide will happily recommend some places to enjoy lunch (own expense).Then, relax on the drive back to Paris.
Departure Point :Le Royal Opéra, 19 Avenue de l'Opéra, 75001 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The duration is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please arrive to your designated meeting point at least 10-15 minutes before departure.
- We cannot accommodate late arrivals and cannot refund missed tours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.