Wonder of the Waqrapukara Heights
The Cusco region shows us different attractions and every day they appear more, the navel of the world surprises us with its immense territory, the wonders that this region possesses since it was majestic Inca Empire, what we have to do is visit and appreciate ours, Waqrapukara dazzles us thanks to the great architectural ingenuity they had which put a construction in the mountains. The name Waqrapukara comes from the Quechua voices: Waqra which means "horn" and Pukara which means "Fortress", we can deduce then that Waqrapukara means "Fortress of the horns".
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up from the hotel
- Transportation Cusco - Sangaará - Cusco
- Official tourism guide (in Spanish)
- Food: Breakfast + Lunch + Box lunch
- Entrance Ticket
- First aid kit
- Trekking sticks
What's excluded :
Waqrapukara Full Day Tour
Route Duration: 14 hoursStops on the Waqrapukara Full Day Tour:
Attractions on the Waqrapukara Full Day Tour:
- Waqrapukara 1 Day Cusco Peru - We will pick you up at the hotel very early 4:00 am and then head south from Cusco to Chuquicahuana, we will go by the way along this route, we will appreciate the Pomacanchi lagoon where we will have a small stop. Continuing with the tour we will arrive at Sangarara where we will have a breakfast, then continue to the Rinconada community where we will begin the trek to Waqrapukara. During this walk we can appreciate a lot of flora and fauna typical of the area until we reach our destination Waqrapukara, where we will have a guided tour visiting the following places: Intipunku ("Puerta del Sol"), main square, Torreones, andenería, enclosure of Wiracocha and cave paintings with representation of llamas. After the visit to Waqrapukara we will start with the return to Sangarara where we will have a lunch and there will be mobility for our return to Cusco. - Departures from 4 passengers.
Operates: Departure at 4:00 am - return 04:00 pm
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.