Without Rows: Entrance to the Cabañas Cultural Institute
Save time and take advantage of this unique option with TripAdvisor / Viator to buy your entrance ticket to Hospicio Cabañas, in Guadalajara. When booking this ticket, all you will have to do is a simple exchange right at the entrance, entering the museum in less than 2 minutes.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Entrance to the Cabañas Cultural Institute
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Instituto Cultural Cabanas
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Transportation to / from attractions
- Permission for Video cameras or Professional Cameras
- Visit: Instituto Cultural Cabanas, Calle Paseo Hospicio 8 Colonia Centro, Guadalajara 44100 Mexico
Visit the wonders of Hospicio Cabañas in Guadalajara, Jalisco, named a World Heritage Site and one of the largest and oldest hospital buildings in America.
Founded by the Bishop of Guadalajara around 1791, and created with the purpose of serving as a work house, hospital, orphanage and charity house, this building owes its name to Juan Ruiz de Cabañas.
Manuel Tolsá, a renowned architect from Mexico City, was commissioned to design the structure. Its design was based on Parisian and Madrid works considered now classic, such as Les Invalides and El Escorial.
The single-storey building has a rectangular structure whose chapel has a dome that rises to 32.5 meters. The complex stands on one level to help the mobility of the sick, the elderly and children.
Construction did not end until 1829, and during this time, the building served as a barracks, and then returned to its original purpose of being a hospital until 1980, when the affiliated schools of arts and crafts decided to move and be members of the Cabañas Cultural Institute.
Inside the building you will find several monumental frescoes made by José Clemente Orozco, including one of his most famous creations, "Allegory of the Man in Flames". Due to its cultural importance, Hospicio Cabañas was named a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1997.
Departure Point :Instituto Cultural Cabanas, Calle Paseo Hospicio 8 Colonia Centro, Guadalajara 44100 Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Your Voucher is not your Entrance Ticket
- Before entering the museum, go to the main entrance of the Cabañas Cultural Institute at: Cabañas No. 8 Col. Las Fresas, Plaza Tapatía C.P. 44360 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, with your printed or electronic receipt, do not go to the box office.
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.