Withlocals The 10 Tastings: Kuala Lumpur Private Street Food Tour
Enjoy the delicious mix of flavors Kuala Lumpur has by tasting the best of all the cultures that influence its cuisine! Malaysian kitchen, Indian influences, Chinese yumminess - this tour has it all!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private guide
- 10 delicious tastings
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Start this unforgettable tour by meeting your private guide for you and your group of friends of family. First stop at the Chow Kit Market, a mix of everything you never thought about! From fresh fruits and veggies to food stands and clothing, this market will open up your appetite. Go ahead and taste the goodies your guide prepared for you.
Next up is trying out 3 fantastic tastings that are specific to the Malaysian cuisine. Start with the famous Nasi lemak, a coconut rice dish that locals eat for breakfast. Don’t be afraid to use your hands and eat it like everybody else in KL! Have a Pisang Goreng, a popular street food snack made out of bananas. But you’re not quite done with the Malaysian cuisine - your host will take you to taste the satay of your lifetime! Freshly made in front of you, this is a dish to remember!
As you’re understanding more about the core of the Malaysian cuisine, you’ll take an Uber with your private guide and your group to the next destination. It’s time to try out the Indian flavors that smell so good! Wonder at the fabulous paper dosa, an Indian classic choice. Enjoy the mini tiffin, a dish with several sauce options, from curry to coconut chutney. Of course, the madras tea cannot miss from such a feast. Ready for more?
Head to your next stops for a taste of the Chinese influences on the very diverse Malaysian cuisine. Start with Curry Mee, a spicy curried noodle soup with a variety of toppings. Find out more from your private guide about the way 3 cuisines make amazing food in KL and learn more about how proud Malaysians are of their food! You’re in for a treat with Yong tau foo, a Hakka Chinese dish - it’s tofu filled with deliciousness.
Nothing better to finish off your multicultural food tour than a glass of Cendol, a creamy dessert made of coconut milk, green starched jelly noodles.
START Meet your host in front of the Regency Hotel and start the tour with a local grocery market visit
Tasting 1 Traditional Malay dish - Nasi Lamak - a must try in Malaysia
Tasting 2 Pisang Goreng - delicious banana fries
Tasting 3 Malaysian Satay - freshly made grilled meat sticks
Tasting 4 Paper Dosa - Indian pancake made from rice and black gram
Tasting 5 Indian snack Min Tiffin
Tasting 6 Traditional Indian tea
Tasting 7 Curry Mee one of the signature dishes of the Malaysian Chinese community
Tasting 8 Chinese dish Yong Tau Fu - variation of this food includes vegetables, mushrooms stuffed with ground meat or surimi
Tasting 9 Traditional Chinese dessert - Cendol
Departure Point :7, Jalan Hang Kasturi, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- You’ll take a shared-ride with your private guide and your group to the next destination
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Post Covid-19 regulations are applied to this product with regards to the number of participants, delivery methods of the tour and content of the tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.