Winter Yellowstone Tour (With Optional Hike or Snowshoe)
Our guides team is made up of Master Naturalists, experts with Master's Degrees in Outdoor and Sustainability Education, lifelong Montanans, and more!
Winter is a fantastic time to visit Yellowstone - the park is nearly empty and wildlife is abundant! We’ll stop at geyser basins, canyons, hot springs, and rivers. Our guides will share stories of the park’s human and geological history as well as information about flora and fauna.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - At midday, your guide will serve a gourmet picnic lunch. We cater to all dietary request with notice!
- Spotting scopes
- Field Guides
- Snowshoes or microspikes, if necessary
What's excluded :
- Park Entry Fees - we recommend the America The Beautiful Pass
- Gratuity for guides - If you had a great day, a 10-20% tip is appreciated!
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mammoth Hot Springs, 1 Grand Loop Road, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190
Visit the incredible travertine features of Mammoth Hot Springs, including the famous Canary Spring.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lamar Valley, Yellowstone National Park, WY
Visit the Serengeti of North America and keep your eyes peeled as we look for bison, moose, wolves, bighorn sheep, foxes, coyote, and more!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Calcite Springs Lookout, Grand Loop Road, Yellowstone National Park, WY
You have the option to hike or snowshoe to a stunning overlook of the Yellowstone River and some of the many hot springs that line it's canyons.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Yellowstone Forever Institute, 308 W Park St, Gardiner, MT 59030, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from your hotel in our 15-passenger van or luxury SUV!
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have submitted a COVID-19 action plan to the park and have been approved to operate.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.