We offer kayaking in calm waters with stories from Svolvær’s rich cultural history. During the cold winter months the light is magical, and makes kayaking an out of ordinary experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Dry suit
- Splash cover
- Life vest
What's excluded :
We offer kayaking in calm waters with good stories from Svolvær’s rich cultural history. During the winter months the light is magical, and makes kayaking an out of ordinary experience.
When you embark in a sea kayak you practically sit on the surface of the sea and can navigate it using your own bodily strength. The combination of silence, raw nature on all sides, and full freedom of motion, makes sea kayaking one of our most popular adventures.
We use stable double kayaks on our trips, and all necessary equipment is included. Our guide welcomes you at our base in Svolvær harbour, and gives you the necessary instructions and adjusts the equipment for the trip. This trip takes two hours, and is tailored to those with little or no prior experience kayaking, but who would like to learn about Lofoten’s history and culture from the shore line.
No prior qualifications are necessary, but winter padling could be demanding. We recommend this trip for those with good health, and those who have an active lifestyle. Winter padling is not recommended if you struggle with heart problems or reduced mobility. We use dry suits on our winter trips. We recommend wool layers for your best comfort.
Departure Point :XXLofoten AS, Joh. E. Paulsens gt. 9, 8300 Svolvær, Norway
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.