Winter Guided Fat Bike Tour
Fat Biking is the best way to discover the sights, smells and vistas of Yellowknife! These bikes with large 5 inch wide tires allow the rider to cycle over rough terrain more easily. They also provide greater comfort, safety and traction over rock, sand, snow and ice.
This tour is your opportunity to see not only the popular attractions of Old Town but also some of the unique and lesser traveled wild places. Many customers say their fat bike tour was one of their best and most exciting experiences while visiting Yellowknife.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Guests are provided with essential, cycling specific winter gear that covers them from head to toe to fingers including helmet, cycling coat, mitts, wind-proof pants and minus -40 C cycling boots.
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories Canada
Ride on or along the shore of Great Slave Lake; the 10th largest freshwater lake in the world. You might see of the local wildlife such as foxes, ptarmigan, whiskey jacks and maybe even a lynx if you're lucky.
Pass By: Old Town Yellowknife, 3607 Franklin Ave, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2B5, Canada
See Yellowknife's first log cabin bank, the Hudson Bay Company warehouse, The Wildcat Cafe, Bushpilot's Monument, and the first General Store in the Northwest Territories.
Pass By: Ragged Ass Road, Ragged Ass Rd, Yellowknife, NT X0E, Canada
Ride along world famous Ragged Ass Road made famous by Tom Cochrane in Old Town and see some of Yellowknife's original historical cabins.
Pass By: Bullock's Bistro, 3534 Weaver Dr, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2J6, Canada
Ride by the world famous Bullock's Bistro that is on everyone's bucket list for Yellowknife.
Pass By: Tincan Hill Recreation Area, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2K6, Canada
Ride through the scenic, natural, snow covered trails to see the spectacular vista of Great Slave Lake.
Pass By: Dettah Ice Road, School Draw Ave, Yellowknife, NT X0E, Canada
Ride part of the Dettah Ice Road past the many colourful houseboats frozen in the ice on Yellowknife Bay.
Departure Point :3526 McDonald Dr, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2H1, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.