Winelands Tour Full-Day Social Change Edition incl. 3x Tastings
Be uplifted and financially uplift others through deeply personal and hands-on experiences with local changemakers based in this astonishingly beautiful region of Cape Town, characterized by magnificent beaches, breath-taking views and picturesque coastal villages.
Meet changemakers along the classic Peninsula Tour route. Designed for the discerning experiential traveler motivated by personal transformation and making a difference for others when traveling, this is our classic Peninsula Tour with an uplifting twist.
You get three experiences with local changemakers across the economic spectrum that are deeply personal, interactive and hands-on. This in addition to Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Boulders Beach Penguin Colony.
Travel responsibly knowing that your booking means financial empowerment for unsung local heroes—seed capital and financial assistance for exciting startups and much-needed funds for social upliftment organizations
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 10% Charitable Pledge
- 3 Social Change Experiences
- Local Tour Guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water - 1 p.p.
- Entry/Admission - Cape of Good Hope
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
What's excluded :
- Luxe vehicle upgrade — prefer luxury over economy vehicle? Select a Luxe tour option.
- Photoshoot add-on — to get HD pics/vids of you in action, select a tour option including it.
- Prepaid Meal add-on — to have a meal & beverage included, select a tour option including it.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Victoria Road, Victoria Rd, Clifton, Cape Town, South Africa
Emerging Business Product Demo
Ride with a promising entrepreneur on the first leg of the tour to discover their products/services, story, and vision for the future. Example products: African origami earrings, beadwork watches, black barbies, pottery made by women from low-income communities, upcycled & Afro-centric fashion items, etc.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chapman's Peak Drive, Hout Bay Road Between Noordhoek and Hout Bay, 7872 South Africa
Chapman's Peak Drive boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the whole world.
Orientation takes place during the drive and includes key background on the South African context, esp. concerning the macro-economic context, the entrepreneurial environment, and the pitfalls of township tourism and even philanthropic tourism.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Masiphumelele, Cape Town, 7975, South Africa
Social Change Org Site Visit / Facility Tour
Walking tour of a school, nonprofit or social enterprise + a brief hands-on activity, e.g. on-land surf lesson, painting, sewing lesson, gardening, barista lesson, etc.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Misty Cliffs, Cape Town, South Africa
Guide gets to know guests better over course of drive.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Rd, Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
TOURIST ATTRACTION 1:
Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point
Stops made at Cape of Good Hope (South-Western most tip of Africa) for photo op & Cape Point (historic lighthouses & views) for walk or funicular (not included), guide providing colonial history and info on biodiversity / geological formations along the drive.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Simon's Town, Simon's Town, Western Cape
Home Visit & Meal with a Changemaker
An inspiring Cape Peninsula resident meets guests at a nearby restaurant where they share lunch together (for own account or add Prepaid Meal add-on). Afterwards, guide drives everyone the changemaker’s home, where they’re welcomed inside for ~20 mins. Meet other members of the household, view photo albums, etc.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
TOURIST ATTRACTION 2:
Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
We go onto the beach itself at Boulders Beach, rather than the touristy boardwalk at Foxy Beach.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you requested to be collected from a location other than a hotel, please ensure the location you're waiting at has convenient and easy parking space or drop-and-go space.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.