Wine Tour in Pico Half Day
If you like wine and wonder why Pico’s wine culture is so special that its landscape was classified UNESCO patrimony, come with us on this “all about wine” tour.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Nature guide
- Visit of the wine cooperative + wine tasting
- Pick up & drop off in Madalena
- Insurance (personal accident & liability)
- Entry/Admission - Picowines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Criacao Velha, Criacao Velha, Pico, Azores
In Criação Velha, we cannot only witness the special characteristics and beauty of Pico’s wine landscape, but also understand how much work it involved to create it. Not only the vineyards are part of the patrimony, but also the typical adegas (wine cellars). Let’s discover one of these apparently abandoned places and taste the local wine next to the ocean.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Picowines, Avenida Padre Nunes da Rosa 29, Madalena, Pico 9950-302 Portugal
On a short guided tour through the installations, we will learn more about the wine making process. Having background information and knowing the “adega” where the wine is produced, the wine we will drink there tastes even more delicious.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sao Roque do Pico, Sao Roque do Pico, Pico, Azores
On the way, we will pass the former wine production places Cachorro and Lajido, discovering other features that can be referred to the golden wine age that lasted over 200 years, such as little ports, tidal wells, distilleries and much more.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop off at your hotel in Madalena or another place in the area.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.