Wine tasting in the Urdaibai estuary aboard a catamaran
Traveling to such a special enclave such as the Urdaibai biosphere reserve or being able to enjoy a mooring at the foot of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, where if you are lucky you can dive to see the virgin of Begoña in the background, it deserves to be accompanied of some very special wines, in many cases local, and of course, the product of the sea in which we find ourselves and for which this area of the Basque Country is world renowned.
The Bermeo area has a long and colorful history linked to the sea; after your tasting and drunk by the sea air (and not the wine !!) you may be interested in approaching the fisherman's museum (arrantzaleen museoa) to deepen your knowledge of this wonderful environment.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - The price includes the wine to be tasted and its corresponding pairing.
What's excluded :
- Are you passionate about the sea? Do you want to discover and enjoy different wines after being amazed by the natural beauty of the Biscay coast?
Let yourself be taken on a wonderful ride aboard a fantastic catamaran adapted to current safety and hygiene measures. We set sail from the port of Bermeo - the world tuna fishing capital - to one of the most spectacular natural sites in the world: San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. This time, without the crowds that you will find on land, and with views that very few people can enjoy, such as this mythical corner seen from the Bay of Biscay.
If the weather is right and you feel like it, you can take a dip, something even more exclusive and hopefully see the Virgin of Begoña.
Depending on the sea, we will anchor in the area to enjoy a selection of very summer-style wines, guided by Ales Rueda, collaborating sommelier in this experience and accompanied by high-quality products from the area.
We will return to the port of Bermeo where we will finish our experience.
* If the weather is not good we have the option of entering the Urdaibai estuary to do the tasting. The destination will depend on the weather and the tides.
• Wine tasting with pairing - The wine will be accompanied by a tasting of local quality product, such as dull bonito, anchovies or cheese.
Departure Point :Lugar Muelle Nardiz Tar Benanzio, 30, 48370, Bizkaia, Spain
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/23/2020 - 10/28/2021
Tuesday - Thursday: 02:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.