Wine cycling tour by e-bike
Kras (or Karst) is a mysterious small world in itself, caught in the gusts of bora in the winter, blanketed in freshness and flower scents in the spring, caressed by sunlight in the summer, and gleaming in warm colors in the fall. An exceptional interlacement of the subterranean and aboveground Karst created an idyllic environment for maturing the Karst prosciutto and cultivating vineyards that give shelter to the famous teran. Behind the stone walls, the mystical world hides friendly, warm and hospitable people who cohabit with the landscape in their unique way, taking care of the culinary variety. The rugged countryside is a maze of secluded paths that snake between the stone walls and vineyards, and it’s a pleasant and exciting part of the world for cyclists as well.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Bike equipment – Electric mountain bike and bike helmet
- Exciting 9 hours long bike tour
- A ride from pick up location to the starting point and back after the tour is concluded
- Full support from our team. In case any technical issues occur, we’ll make sure everything is fixed.
- Photo memories
What's excluded :
- Lunch in the local restaurant
- Visit of Lipica Stud Farm
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Grad Stanjel, Shtanjel 1a, Stanjel 6222 Slovenia
10.00 am – Pick up: The tour starts at your accommodation, from where we will take you to Štanjel, a lovely little village in Kras that will serve as our starting point of the cycling part of the journey.
11.00 am – Route start: We will start the cycling exploration of the landscape on the edges of Kras, taking the pleasant paths by the marvelous stone walls. Neat villages with their typical stone houses give a special atmosphere to the rocky wine-growing region, that is why we will spend the second half of the trip discovering them. Not only is the region full of hidden natural and architectural gems, but it is also culinarily rich. Before we wrap up the tour, we will try the local prosciutto and Teran that are the epitomes of Kras cuisine.
4.30 pm – Route finish: We will finish the tour back in Štanjel, which is one of the oldest villages in Kras and boasts with an astonishing town center and a fantastic view over the entire Kras region.
7.00 pm – Drop off: The all-day trip will be concluded with a drive back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
At the time of reservation let us know your location.Ports
- Ljubljana train station
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.