Wine and Olive oil Tasting
Starting the journey we will discover the process of production of Cretan virgin olive oil in the modern Kanakis Olive Oil Mill through some secret knowledge as well as through the tasting of true local olive oil. Wander through the vineyards, the wooden cellars of the winery, and feel the culture and history of the winery through the wonderful aromas of the different grape varieties. Complete your excursion with a light meal next to the running waters of the village of Vryses enjoying the dew and shade of the tree leaves.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Light lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Apokoronas
- Entry/Admission - Winery Dourakis
What's excluded :
- Extra charge if the pickup is not in Rethymno district
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apokoronas, Apokoronou 48, Chania 731 35, Greece
At first we will visit the modern "Kanakis" olive oil factory to learn about the process of olive oil production and taste the finest Cretan olive oil. The first thing we see when we arrive there is an ancient olive tree, more than one thousand years old. We continue to the innovative olive mill where all production steps and details are described thoroughly by our experts. As during the summer season there is no olive oil production we will not have the chance to see the production in live action but we will get full explanation by the experts. In the last part we can taste two different ways serving of the exquisite, extra virgin olive oil: we will try it pure first, with no adding, and then we will taste the old fashion, traditional way with salt and lemon. Little secrets on storage, best use and healthy attributes can be discussed as well.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Winery Dourakis, Alikampos, Crete 73007 Greece
After a 10' drive we will reach one of the best wineries of the region where we will enjoy a 30-40' tour, during which, participants will learn about the history, tradition, the latest developments in the production of wine and of course all information on the particular characteristics of the Cretan “terroir”. You will participate in a fully guided tour of the plantations of the winery, the cellar, the production area and finally their shop. After the tour, we will continue to the wine tasting room, where you will be able to taste five types of wine and train your palates on the delicious wine paths. Of course, mezedes like traditional rusks and olives couldn’t be missed to accompany this tasting journey.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Vryses 730 07, Greece
Finally we will visit the small and beautiful Nipos or Vryses village in order to finish our day. The tour will be finished with a coffee or even better a glass of raki or the Cretan "limoncello", accompanied by a traditional light meal discussing and remembering your favorite moments of the day.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Ελεϋθερίου Βενιζέλου 39, Rethymno 741 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Private pick-up on each customer’s hotelPick up time depending on the hotel
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.