Wine & Food Tour of Setúbal - From Lisbon
Discover what it means to be Portuguese for a full day. Come with us to one of the most famous regions in Portugal for Food and Wine production. Setúbal/Azeitão is the home of ancient and renowned Portuguese wine cellars such as José Maria da Fonseca and Bacallhôa. Azeitão is also famous for its unique cheese and the process they go through to achieve it. We will take you to the Museum of Cheese where your will learn the secrets of how its made.
Under this tour you will be able to learn about the wine and cheese production process as well as taste delicious wines and gourmet products. After visiting one of the ancient wine cellars, having lunch at a traditional Portuguese restaurant and tasting the best cheese our country has to offer, there is still time to enjoy the landscapes. On our way back we'll have a stroll to the beautiful Serra da Arrábida and visit the amazing Castle and stunning Cabo de Espichel in Sesimbra.
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Entry/Admission - Baia de Setubal
- Entry/Admission - Azulejos de Azeitao
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Portal Historico de Setubal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Estatua do Marques de Pombal, Estacao de Metro do Marques de Pombal Praca Marques de Pombal, Lisbon 1250-161 Portugal
We begin with picking you up from your hotel/address in Lisbon just before 09:00 and head for Azeitão/Setúbal. Here we begin with a visit to one of Portugal's most prestigious wine cellars. Depending on availability from our partners, our destination may be one of two: (1) Casa Museu José Maria da Fonseca; or (2) Adega Museu Bacalhôa.
Stop At: Baia de Setubal, Setubal 2900-634 Portugal
This visit starts with a brief explanation on each company's history. After passing through the gardens, we'll visit the wine cellars, learn about the wine production process and the specific wines that age there. The visit will end with an elaborate wine tasting session with the best wines from the Region.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Portal Historico de Setubal, Travessa Porta do Sol, Setubal 2900-566 Portugal
After the main visit we head on to one of two traditional Portuguese restaurants. One of them sits at the heart of Setúbal (near the port) and the other one is on the beach with a sea view. We will inquire which one you prefer although they are both reputed for their seafood and fish dishes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Azulejos de Azeitao, Rua dos Trabalhadores da Empresa Setubalense 15 Sitio da Bacalhôa, Azeitao 2925-495 Portugal
After lunch we move the the Museum of Cheese where you will learn about the unique cheese that is the Azeitão Cheese. It has a unique process that can only be achieved in this region. Besides learning of its process and history you will also get to taste its uniqueness.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Serra da Arrabida, Setubal Portugal
Our day trip ends with a brief passage through the green mountains of Serra da Arrábida and visit to the lighthouse of Cabo Espichel in Sesimbra. This lighthouse has an incredible view as it sits on a ravine. After enjoying the landscapes and taking in the relaxing sea breeze, we head on back to Lisbon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your desired Hotel/Adress.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.