Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Oxford Day Trip from London
Windsor has been the home of Kings and Queens for centuries. Wander its cobbled streets and see the largest occupied castle in the world - home of the English and British monarchy for more than 900 years and official residence of Her Majesty The Queen.
Stonehenge is a must-see icon of England and with a history spanning 4,500 years, it has many different meanings to people today. Stonehenge is a wonder of the world, a spiritual place and a source of inspiration.
Plus, discover the beautiful English city of Oxford, home to the world-famous university and incredible architecture dating back to Saxon times.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert guide
- Superior Coach incl. Wifi & USB charging on board
- Walking Tour of Oxford
- Entrance ticket to Windsor Castle interior, if option selected
- Entrance ticket to Stonehenge, if option selected
- Personal Audio Headset
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
- Entry/Admission - St. George's Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and beverages, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - University of Oxford
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Our first stop is Windsor Castle, the ancestral home of the British Royal family for more than 900 years and the largest, continuously occupied castle in Europe. Marvel at the splendour of the State Apartments, the grandest apartments in England, where paintings by Van Dyck and Rubens hang from the walls and the ceilings are painted with elaborate, magnificent murals.
Step inside St George’s Chapel, where HRH Prince Harry married Ms Meghan Markle and the tombs of prominent previous monarchs are located, including Henry VIII and Charles I. Don’t miss a colourful display of typical British pageantry that takes place every morning at the Changing the Guard ceremony, where the handover of duties between guards to the Queen takes place. If Her Majesty is in Windsor during your visit, you may be lucky enough to see the Royal Standard flying on the flagpole of the Round Tower. (If option selected.)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: St. George's Chapel, Castle Hill, Windsor England
St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in England, is a chapel designed in the high-medieval Gothic style. It is both a Royal Peculiar, a church under the direct jurisdiction of the monarch, and the Chapel of the Order of the Garter. Seating approximately 800, it is located in the Lower Ward of the castle. (If option selected.)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
Step back 5,000 years in time to prehistoric Britain as our guide helps bring the history of this fascinating monument to life. Who built Stonehenge? Why was it built? Discover the answer to these questions and the monument’s fascinating link to the Summer and Winter solstice. Come face-to-face with a 5,500-year-old man and visit the world-class exhibition centre, with 250 ancient objects on display. (If option selected.)
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Sheldonian Theatre, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3AZ England
The Sheldonian Theatre, located in Oxford, England, was built from 1664 to 1669 after a design by Christopher Wren for the University of Oxford. The building is named after Gilbert Sheldon, chancellor of the University at the time and the project's main financial backer.
Pass By: Bodleian Library Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG England
The Bodleian Library is the main research library of the University of Oxford, and is one of the oldest libraries in Europe. With over 12 million items, it is the second-largest library in Britain after the British Library.
Stop At: University of Oxford, University Offices 1 Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD England
'The City of Dreaming Spires' is known for its distinctive architecture and holds the unique accolade of having examples of every architectural period going as far back as Saxon times. Wander its quaint cobbled streets on a walking tour of the city with our expert tour guide, who will bring the history and charm of this ancient city to life.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Victoria Coach Station, Belgravia, London SW1W 9RH, UK
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Victoria Station, Victoria St, Victoria, London SW1E 5ND, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Changing of the Guard only takes place on selected dates (if option selected)
- St George's Chapel is closed on Sundays (if option selected)
- Windsor Castle (the whole castle) is closed from June 14, 15. We will offer you a walking tour of Windsor led by our expert guides – include to see the turrets and the outer walls of the castle, the long walk (which is used for processions) and a great shot of one of the castle courtyards from the outer gates. You will also be able to see the quaint streets, learn how this town has played such an intrinsic part in UK history and see views of where the recent Royal Wedding Procession passed by. After the walking tour you will also have some free time to wander around this beautiful market town. (if option selected)
- The State Apartments at Windsor Castle are closed on June 16 (if option selected)
- Stonehenge will be closed to visitors on 21 June due to the Summer Solstice. Tour will visit Avebury instead. (if option selected)
- Please note:the tour itinerary and order may change
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that St George’s Chapel is open for visitors on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. (if option selected)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Limited vehicle capacity empty seats left next to single travellers & odd numbered groups / Personal audio headsets provided to maintain distancing / Inclusions vetted to ensure they adhere to safety measures / E-tickets only no paper tickets / Staff newly trained in safety measures
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.