Wilpattu National Park Jeep Safari
Explore the largest National Park in Sri Lanka – Wilpattu. Bordering three cities (Mannar, Anuradhapura and Puttalam), the park is about 130,000 hectares in size and also features massive coastlines of Sri Lanka. Natural fresh water lakes known as ‘Villus’ are what the park highlights as these are breeding spots for animals to drink and bathe. Wilpattu is open from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and is accessible by way of jeep safaris. February to October is the best time to visit the park but there is always a crowd throughout the year. For your day tour of Wilpattu National Park, you will be taken on a jeep safari around the park to spot Sri Lanka’s wild animals such as elephants, jackal, sloth bear, leopard, wild buffalo, spotted deer, mongoose and many other species. An experienced driver cum guide will take you along the routes that offer the highest probability of sighting these animals.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Transport by private Safari Jeep.
- Half Day - Either a Morning Safari - 05.30 am to 09.00 am or a Evening Safari - 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm
- Bottled Water
- Sri Lankan sweets and home made cup of tea at the end of the Safari
- Entry/Admission - Wilpattu National Park
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 10km of park entrance gate
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wilpattu National Park, off Chilaw Anuradhapura road, Saliyapura, Anuradhapura 50008 Sri Lanka
You could let us know the place to pick you up or you have to come to the Willpattu National Park entrance you could always speak to us on over the phone.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Wilpattu Hunuwilagama Entrance/ විල්පත්තු හුනුවිලගම පිවිසුම, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange to pick you from the hotel which is located 10Kms away from the entrance of Willpattu National Park. Please note that the ride from the hotel up to the National Park Gate will be Free of Charge. Please contact the Tour Consultant for more information so that you could enjoy a hassle free drive.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :1: Wilpattu Hunuwilagama Entrance/ විල්පත්තු හුනුවිලගම පිවිසුම, Sri Lanka
2: Wilpattu Wild Watch, Willpattu Road, Hunuwilagama Habawewa, 50220, Sri Lanka
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.