Wilderness Survival Tour - Summer & Autumn
Experience the wild Taiga forest and what the Lapland wilderness has best to offer. On this tour, you will feel the peace of the arctic nature, hike through the forests, and learn about your surroundings and some basic survival skills..
The Wilderness Survival Tour is a very special opportunity to those who wish to wander into the forest to try and get a glimpse of the spectacular and elusive Finnish wildlife and natural beauty of Lapland. This tour is also intended to be very educational : your guide will share with you their knowledge and passion about nature, and teach you about the secrets of Finnish nature as well as some basic survival skills.
The tour has different levels of difficulty depending on your ability, your guide will discuss this with you upon pick up and between you, the best route will be decided.
MIDNIGHT SUN SPECIAL: In June and July, the tour has an additional start in the evening. A special attention is then given to the the Midnight Sun and its colours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
This safari will take you out of Rovaniemi, straight into the Taiga forest and its beautiful nature. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore the beauties of Lapland forest in summer and autumn, learn more about the trees, plants, their properties, wildlife, how to make a fire and some other basic survival skills.
The tour operates all year round, with specific features attached to each season. In the summer time, you will enjoy the Taiga forest at its most lively time of the year. The undergrowth is full of delicious fruits: blueberry, lingonberry, cranberry... A tasty feast for all the arctic animals living in Lapland : bears, wolves, lynx, wolverines, moose, reindeer, Arctic hare... In the beginning of autumn, the forests is showing its beautiful "ruska" colours : coppers, gold, auburn, ocher adorn the leaves of the birches like a last goodbye to summer. Autumn is also a great time to find and learn about the local shrubs and mushrooms that grow here.
Refreshments and a typical Finnish barbecue snack will be provided halfway, as your guide will lit a fire to keep you warm. This is a great opportunity for your guide to show you how to build a fire as natives do.
• Lapland, Lapland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels (reception) and private accommodations in Rovaniemi. We will inform you about your pick-up time one day prior to the tour.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.