Wild Atlantic Way Self-Guided Bike Tour from Clifden
Welcome to cycling along the rugged Wild Atlantic Way to experience the dramatic land and seascapes of the west of Ireland. Connemara is punctuated by world famous views and sites, unique and ancient heritage and the geology and natural features of the region are in a class of their own.
Biking & cycling safaris are great for those who like to get outdoors into the fresh pure Connemara air, with landscapes dominated by the Twelve Bens mountain range, boarded by Lough Corrib in the East and the Atlantic on the West.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bike hire
- Helmets, bike locks, and Hi-Viz jackets
- Support vehicle in case of emergency
What's excluded :
- Transportation to starting point in Clifden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcock and Brown Landing Site, Derrygimlagh Bog, Clifden Ireland
Clifden is the perfect base to explore Connemara’s rich landscape and heritage. You will pick up your bike, equipment and map in Clifden at 10.00am to start an unforgettable day in Connemara (transport to starting point is not included). During this trip you will plan your route individually. We suggest the following routes:
You can enjoy a scenic ride from Clifden along the haunting bog road to Roundstone. On the ride back to Clifden you will pass Ballyconneely - take your time to admire the beautiful coasts of Connemara and make a stop at Alcock & Brown Memorial - the landing site of the very first trans Atlantic flight. (2h15 - 40km)
Travel to Tullycross and then take the Connemara Loop to discover the beautiful Peninsula of Renvyle and the former castle of the pirate queen Grace O’Malley! (3h - 50km)
Another suggestion is to hit the road and ride along the Wild Atlantic Way to the charming fishing village of Cleggan. Pass by Claddaghduff and its beautiful Omey Beach on your way back and appreciate the beautiful coastal landscapes. (1h30 - 23km)
From Clifden, follow the Sky Road and gaze at the stunning view and its wide range of scenery. Make a stop at Clifden Castle to explore this charming ruin. (1h - 11km)
For lunch, we suggest you to make a stop at Roundstone, Cleggan or Clifden depending on your itinerary to taste some delicious seafood in one of the restaurants (price of lunch not included in the package).
At 6.00pm you will travel back to Clifden to drop off the bike and the equipment.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Clifden Castle, Clifden Ireland
The cycling trip starts in the town of Clifden, Connemara, situated 78km from Galway. Clifden is the perfect base to explore Connemara’s rich landscape and heritage.From Clifden, follow the Sky Road and gaze at the stunning view and its wide range of scenery. Make a stop at Clifden Castle to explore this charming ruin. (1h - 11km)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Market Street, Market St, Clifden, Co. Galway, Ireland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A current valid passport is required on the day to collect bikes.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.