Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow
During the tour you will have a chance to visit the twenty historic chambers connected by approximately 1.25 miles (2 kilometers) of passages. Descent into the mine is by staircase (380 steps) to the 1st Level (at a depth of 110 feet or 64 metres) and return to the surface is by lift up the Danilowicz shaft from the 3rd Level (at a depth of 443 feet or 135 meters). The whole tour lasts about 4-5 hours. You will spend around 2 hours in the Salt Mine.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pick up from selected locations in Krakow City Center
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus or coach
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Jana Mikolaja Danilowicza 10, Wieliczka 32-020 Poland
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is on UNESCO's 1st World List of Cultural and Natural Heritage due to its' importance in the history of mining. The mine is also notable for a long tradition of tourism. This famous breath-taking site has been visited over the centuries by Nicolaus Copernicus, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Alexander von Humboldt, Dimitri Mendeleev, Boleslaw Prus, Ignacy Paderewski, Pope John Paul II, and crowned heads of state, not to mention millions of people from all over the world. Included in the tour is a stunning "underground town" with lakes, passages, and the marvelous Saint Kinga Chapel.
The whole tour lasts about 4-5 hours. You will spend around 2 hours in the Salt Mine. If you would like to take photos, you must purchase permission at the entrance to Saint Kinga's Chapel. During this tour there is no lunch break. After your arrival back in Krakow, you will be dropped off at your pick up point.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Selected Hotels and Hostels located in Krakow City Center. Exact pick-up point and pick-up time will be confirmed in a separate confirmation message before the tour date (to the email provided upon booking).Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bringing luggage to the mine is not allowed with the exception of hand baggage. Hand baggage is considered to be luggage of maximum dimensions 35cm x 20cm x 20cm.
- Temperature in the Mine is between 14 and 16 degrees Celsius
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.