White Water River Rafting Class II-III from San Jose to Arenal
Enjoy this family friendly, fun outdoor river rafting activity on your way from San Jose to Arenal. After receiving instruction by your certified guides, you'll practice your skills before beginning the tour. Paddle along the scenic and exciting Balsa River stopping along the way for fresh fruits, beverages, a chance to take a refreshing Balsa River plunge and lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Equipment: Raft, paddles, rafting vest and helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wave Expeditions, La Fortuna, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
This exciting Class II-III white water rafting tour begins with your pickup at your hotel in San Jose. The bus may stop at other hotels to pickup fellow rafters. Storage above your seat is available for your backpack, change of clothing and toiletry items you might need at the end of the tour.
Along the route to the river bank you'll pass through fields of yucca, papaya and other plants. Have your camera ready, because your bathroom break is an awesome spot to get amazing photos of nature and iguanas. Once you arrive at the put in spot on the river bank, your guides and safety kayakers will instruct you on how to raft, teaching you the basic moves and rafting commands you and your rafting team will need to know before you begin the tour. Enjoy a wet and wild ride as you guide your raft down rapids such as “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges” on your 2-hour trek down the beautiful and tropical Balsa River. Drink in the majestic foliage of the rain-forest as you watch for monkeys, sloths and toucans while you raft. Enjoy a swim, tropical fruits and cold drinks during your break from the action.
A delicious, typical lunch is served at a traditional country estate designed for guests to truly experience Costa Rica’s peaceful country life. Come to understand the meaning of Costa Rica’s favorite saying, “Pura Vida!” The rafting bus will take you to your Arenal hotel between 4 and 4:30pm.
Departure Point :WAVE Rafting, Av. 331, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels outside of the normal route may have an extra transportation charge. o Arenal Lodgeo Lost Iguanao Luna Nuevao Bosque de Chachaguao Chachagua Rainforesto Tilajario Leaves and Lizardso Observatory Lodgeo La Mansiono El Castilloo Rancho Margot.o Nuevo Arenal Hotelso Termales el Bosqueo El Tucanoo Lands in Loveo La Garza
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet. No flipflops allowed
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on bus from San Jose, please check carefully before getting off bus
- Tour requires a 2 person minimum to book
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.