Whisky and Folklore in Edinburgh Including Four Single Malt Scotch Whiskies
Our Whisky and Folklore tour is unlike any other experience in Edinburgh. We take you to the historic Waverley Pub where you will be served four classic Single Malt Scotch Whiskies and immerse ourselves in the great cultural importance of whisky and storytelling in Scotland.
The ticket price includes the cost of the whiskies. 4 great single malt Scotch whiskies will be served over the tour. Drink alternatives are available upon request for those who do not drink whisky.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert guide, whisky enthusiast and storyteller (all in one!
- Drink alternatives are available upon request for those who do not drink whisky.
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Little Fish Tours, Edinburgh Scotland
This tour meets on the iconic Royal Mile and we have a short walk down to the Waverley Pub. This bar has been in the same family for over 8 decades and by the owner’s own admittance the bar has a dusty potted history of folk, folk and folklore (people, music and storytelling). There can be few more suiting and atmospheric buildings to hold our tour in. After all, this is the bar that helped launch Billy Connolly! We have the entire upper floor of the bar reserved for us, giving us plenty of space and privacy to conduct our story orientated evening.
Over the next two hours we will drink four outstanding Single Malt Scotch Whiskies taken from the four major whisky producing regions of Scotland. These whiskies will range from the relatively delicate and subtle flavours of the Lowlands to the bold and robust tastes from Islay. We will also provide you with tasting cards giving notes on each of the whiskies that we sample.
Scotland has a deep routed story telling tradition which centres around the idea of people coming together, sharing good times, good stories and good whisky with each other. The role of the story tellers was a highly respected position to hold in ancient Scotland.
During this tour we are going to revive some of that storytelling tradition and explore the significance of whisky to the Scottish identity whilst tying in some great tales taken from across Scotland.
At the end of the tour we hope you will have a much deeper understanding of Scottish culture and the important role that whisky can play in it. There is often live music in the bar and if you are keen to sample more whisky the Waverley Pub is well stocked with whiskies from around the world though we see little reason to drink whisky from anywhere other than Scotland.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :192 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RW, UK
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :The Waverley Bar, 3-5 St Mary's St, Edinburgh EH1 1TA, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.