Where to eat and drink like an Athenian
Michalis and Rachel welcome you to Athens. When you arrive our tour shows you where to eat and shop to experience the best Athens offers.
Walk through the markets and see the best tavernas for traditional food where the ingredients are so fresh there is no menu! The chef decides what to buy that morning! The places that make barrel wines onsite, where to drink ouzo and enjoy live Greek music and of course, the best gyros in town!!
Find the best bars in Athens. Some rooftop bars with views of the Acropolis,others are local speak easys where you will get a taste of Athens for the Athenians. See how we make coffee in the traditional way.
Learn where to buy spices olives,oil,handmade leather goods and souveniers at local prices!
Greek food is some of the best in the world. The ingredients we grow in the beautiful Greek sunshine are so fresh that people visit just to enjoy the cuisine! Dont waste your holiday eating in tourist areas! Eat like a Greek!
Food is not included in the tour.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Psiri, Psiri, Athens, Attica
This is where the Athenians go to have fun. Locals out enjoying traditional bars and tavernas whilst often listening to live Greek music. Very vibrant and buzzy area.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
We will end our tour in the heart of downtown Athens where you can clearly see evidence of the 4 most significant periods of Athenian history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Varvakios Central Municipal Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
We will visit the markets of Athens - meat, fish, spices, fruit and vegetables.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Evripidou, Athina, Greece
Home to our plentiful delicatessens and spice shops. Bursting with fresh produce and shopping opportunities.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Platia Monastirakiou, Pl. Monastirakiou, Athina 105 55, Greece
Return Detail :Pl. Monastirakiou 1, Athina 105 55, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.