Where the World Ends: San Agustín Community Tour & Loltún Caves
In our tour Where the World Ends, you can explore the remote community of San Agustin on foot with a local guide to learn about their productive activities and way of life. Afterwards, you can enter the "underworld" in the Loltún Caves.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - 2-course meal (main dish with tortillas and dessert) and natural beverages.
- Breakfast - 1 breakfast with coffee or natural beverages.
- Private transportation
- Community tour around the village with 4 activities including the visit to the sawmill and the plot
- Accompaniment of a local guide during the tour
- Admission fee to the Loltún Caves
- Entry/Admission - Salvador Alvarado, San Agustín
What's excluded :
- Guided tour (mandatory) in the Loltún Caves.
- Entry/Admission - Grottoes Loltún
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salvador Alvarado, San Agustín, Tekax, Yucatan, Mexico
You’ll leave early in the morning towards the south, to the heart of the Puuc region. When you arrive, you’ll enjoy a delicious breakfast in the facilities of the cooperative Turismo Indígena San Agustín.
During your stay you’ll enjoy the tranquility of the community and observe some of the economic activities that take place in the town, such as the production of charcoal and wooden furniture, the fabrication of word-carved handicrafts and hammock weaving, as well as the cultivation of vegetables and medicinal plants in a small local plot, and then try a delicious traditional lunch in the cooperative's restaurant.
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Grottoes Loltún, YUC 31, Yucatán, Mexico
To continue the tour, you’ll enter the underworld in the archaeological site of Loltún, some impressive caves located 60 meters deep. During the 1,000-meter tour you’ll see paintings on the walls and other objects that tell the history of the Yucatan Peninsula. After the visit you’ll return to Merida where you’ll arrive around 6:30 PM.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will pick you up at the agreed meeting point.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.