When in Rome, Cook as the Romans Do
‘Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti’ – Sofia Loren
Join me, native Roman Orlando as I share my passion for food and cooking on this unique insight into what it’s like to live…and eat…as a Roman. First off, you will visit one of the best local markets in Rome: the Mercato Trionfale. Learn how a true Roman cook sources the best produce, what the most popular recipes are and their history. Amidst the bustling market, as you weave your way in and around the stalls and the numerous locals doing their weekly shopping, you’ll feel like part of the tapestry of daily Roman life.Once you hit the kitchen, you will learn to make hand-made pasta from scratch as well as a selection of other dishes (based on seasonality) while cooking with local Roman wine…you might even put some in the food!
Make sure you come hungry and ready to put your ‘mani in pasta’ ‘your hands in the dough’ during this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Transfers to & from the start & end points of the tour but these can be arranged upon request
- This is a truly local market allowing visitors to experience real Roman life
Departure Point :Via Andrea Doria, 3, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Via Fabio Massimo, 107, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.