Wheelchair Accessible Skip the Line Private Vatican Tour with Sistine Chapel
No need to miss out – we have designed this tour for those in wheelchairs so they can gain easy access to one of the world’s greatest art collections housed in the Vatican complex. No waiting in queues; skip-the-line tickets afford you immediate entry to begin your exploration of this magnificent building. You will be provided with a headset so that you are able to hear the guide’s commentary throughout the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Cortile della Pigna
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cortile della Pigna, Vatican City Italy
You will meet your guide in Vatican City to begin your wheelchair-friendly tour of the Vatican complex. Skip-the-line tickets are included in the tour price so you bypass the waiting queues and gain immediate entry to begin your exploration of the Vatican museums. Your guide will provide you with headphones so you can hear the commentary as you pass through the various galleries and rooms that house one of the world’s greatest art collections.
Once inside we begin by entering the famous Pigna Courtyard.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Across this we head to the Pio Cristiano Museum where you will see the Galleries of Tapestries and Geographic Maps housing one of the most important displays of Renaissance maps in the world. Next we go to the Raphael Rooms where some of Raphael’s greatest work is to be seen. Commissioned by Pope Julius II in the early 1500s these rooms were painted by the young Raphael and are absolutely stunning.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The tour ends in the most famous part of the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel.
Before you enter (no talking allowed inside) your guide will explain something about the marvelous frescos that you will see once inside. There are those depicting The Last Judgment painted by Michelangelo as well as wall frescos by Bollicelli and other famous Renaissance Artists.
Your guide is very knowledgeable will keep you fully informed about everything you are seeing; a wonderful tour for you to fully appreciate the treasures of the Vatican.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums except for bottled water
- Please note that this tour doesn't include a person that pushes a wheelchair, so make sure to have someone with you.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.