Whales of Iceland from Land and Sea
Watch for whales in the Icelandic sea and visit the Whales of Iceland exhibition on this experience from Reykjavik. Choose from a 2.5- or 3.5-hour whale watching cruise to watch for minke and humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises in Faxaflói Bay. Then, admire full-scale models of whales and dolphins at Whales of Iceland, Europe’s largest whale exhibition. Explore independently to learn about the different species and grasp the magnitude of these giants of the sea. You can join a live-guided tour at Whales of Iceland at 10:30 and 13:30 every day (free for all ticket holders).
Please note that the Whales of Iceland Exhibition is open daily from 10:00-17:00 (closed Dec. 25th)
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Admission to the Whales of Iceland Exhibition (Open 10:00-17:00)
- Experienced biologist on Whale Watching tour
- Use of thermal overalls during Whale Watching - also available in children's sizes!
- Free WiFi on board and at Whales of Iceland
- Heated indoor seating areas
- Complimentary sea sickness tablets, if needed
- Entry/Admission - Special Tours
- Entry/Admission - Whales of Iceland
What's excluded :
- Hotel transfers (available for whale watching on request for an additional cost)
- Food and drink (available to purchase at both locations)
Join the Whale Watching tour at Special Tours! The total duration of your tour depends on if you join the Classic or Express tour. The Classic is 3-3.5 hours long and the Express is 2-2.5 hours long (on a faster boat, so you spend the same amount of time in the whale watching area).
The four most common species spotted are minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises.
You will learn about the different marine life & surrounding area from your expert guide during the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Special Tours, Geirsgata 11, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
The Whales of Iceland Exhibition is home to 23 life-size models of all whale species found in Iceland. You are welcome to join one of the daily guided tours at 10:30 & 13:30, or grab an audio guide (available in 10+ languages) and explore the exhibition at your own pace.
The Fin Whale Room at the end of the exhibition highlights the threats (and their solutions) that whales face today. The film Sonic Seas is also shown here twice a day at 11:00 and 15:00, included in your ticket.
This is an open ticket so you can go whenever you'd like and stay for whatever period of time you prefer.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Whales of Iceland, Fiskislod 23, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Departure Point :Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Exhibition is Wheelchair Accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 100 people. Masks must be worn during the boat tour, but are not mandatory at the exhibition. Please respect the 2 meter social distancing while checking in and queuing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.