Whale Watching from the Heart of Akureyri
Explore the wildlife of Akureyri on this 3-hour tour of the fjord as the boat cruises calmly about the water. This tour takes you through prime whale watching areas while a professional guide enriches your knowledge of the ecosystem around you, as well as the history and the folklore of the area. Choose from one of many departure times when you book.
per adult from
What's included :
- Multiple watching platforms
- 360° panorama from top deck
- Commentary through on board sound system
- Heated indoor cabin with toilet facilities
- Comfortable cushioned seats & ample space
- Use of warm overalls & blankets
What's excluded :
- Light snacks, sandwiches, coffee & soft drinks (available on board to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available on board to purchase)
- Pickup (not available)
Explore the rich waters of Eyjafjörður fjord for a chance to encounter the local humpback whales. Other species frequently seen on our tours are minke whales and dolphins and lets not forget the amazing mountains and surrounding landscape.
• Ambassador Whale Watching, Torfunefsbryggja Harbour, Akureyri 600 Iceland
Departure Point :Glerárgata, Akureyri, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and 12 yrs. and younger must wear a safety vest at all times.
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Whale guarantee or try again for free.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Efforts are made to invite passengers to stay 2 meters apart from others whenever possible, but guests are asked to wear a face mask during the tour for their own safety. You can purchase a mask in our ticket office before departure. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.