Whale-Watching Cruise with Expert Naturalists
British Columbia is famous for its abundance of whales, and on this 3-hour educational Canadian cruise, you'll get a chance to see them! While cruising on a 40-passenger boat specifically designed for whale watching, witness these impressive mammals as two onboard naturalists provide interesting and informative commentary on the Pacific marine life off the coast of Canada.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3-hour whale-watching tour from Victoria
- 2 onboard naturalist guides
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Five Star Whale Watching, 645 Humboldt St, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1A6 Canada
Take in the beautiful sights of British Columbia on an educational whale-watching adventure from Victoria ! Enjoy a three-hour cruise on the Pacific and spot majestic orcas (killer whales) while learning about Canada’s marine ecosystem from two onboard naturalists. They’ll answer any questions you may have during your whale-watching cruise and encourage you to search for native marine life!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: British Columbia, British Columbia
Ron Bates, one of the leading orca researchers in the Pacific Northwest, may also be along for the ride! He conducts much of his research on board and can provide unique and detailed insight into the lives of these magnificent and intelligent mammals.
Every whale-watching adventure may be different depending on the day’s marine activity. The cruise often starts with visits to the small islands off the coast of Victoria to begin the exciting search for whales. Listen as your expert crew explains the surrounding marine ecosystems of the Pacific. Learn about the important food chains in each area and the types of animals found there. Often, the crew will pull kelp on board and give you a chance to touch, feel and taste where many of the food chains begin.
This exciting whale-watching cruise is conducted on a boat designed specifically for whale watching, and provides a smooth, swift and stable ride. Enjoy the indoor and outdoor seating areas for great panoramic views. This tour is fun for the entire family!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Five Star Whale Watching, 645 Humboldt St, Victoria, BC V8W 1A6, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (layers and comfortable shoes are recommended)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- For more details please visit our COVID-19 page at https://www.5starwhales.com/covid-19-safety-protocol/
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.