Whale Watching Boat Tour in Kalpitiya
(SKU: LK37180100) Several types of whales regularly visit the waters off the Kalpitiya coastline. The continental shelf comes in close to Alankuda Beach and therefore traveling far out into the open seas is not necessary.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat tour with marine mammal naturalist
- All safety equipment
- Whale Watching Tour in Kalpitiya (Shared Boat)
- 1 Whale watching tour in Kalpitiya.
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Several types of whales regularly visit the waters off the Kalpitiya coastline. The continental shelf comes in close to Alankuda Beach and due to this traveling far out in the open seas is not necessary.
The largest of the whales can be seen surfacing from time to time particularly when they come inshore to feed just 3.5 km from the shoreline between Norochcholai and Talawila, which is located directly in front of our resort. These include the Bryde’s whale, Eden’s whale and the largest mammal in the world, the blue whale that can grow up to 28 m long.
Further afield in deep blue water and mostly about 4-5 nm from shore additional species of toothed whales and oceanic dolphins are likely to be seen. These include the sperm whale, dwarf and pygmy sperm whales, Risso’s dolphins, pilot whales, bottlenose dolphins, Fraser’s dolphins, spotted dolphins and striped dolphins.
The sight of some of these enigmatic cetaceans is both breath taking and spellbinding and offers a truly humbling experience.
• Kalpitiya, Kalpitiya, North Western Province
Departure Point :Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.