Whale Shark and Snorkeling Adventure from Isla Holbox
Can you imagine swimming with a 14-meter-long animal? Whale sharks, the biggest fish in the world, come every year to visit Holbox. They are totally harmless, so you will be able to swim by their side in an amazing and life changing experience. During the boat trip, you may see turtles, giant manta rays, dolphins, flamingos and/or many other species.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat with GPS.
- Cool water and sodas.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Bilingual guide.
- Light breakfast in Luuma: coffee, tea, fruits, yoghurt and sweet buns.
- Ham and cheese sandwich.
- Our famous ceviche.
- Guacamole and mango for those who do not eat fish.
- In case you do not eat the included food, you can take fruits from the breakfast table to the tour.
- Entry/Admission - Yum Balam Reserve
What's excluded :
- Flask / bottle (we provide cold water in a large recipient)
- Taxi to / from meeting point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yum Balam Reserve, Holbox Island Mexico
You will meet with your guide and group at the local restaurant Luuma (one block away from the tour operator's office) in Isla Holbox at 7am. There, you will have a small briefing and get all the necessary equipment. You will also enjoy a light breakfast to have a great start.
Then, you will walk to the pier, where the boat is waiting to start the journey to find the whale sharks. The trip will take you between one and two hours and you may find different species on the way (if you see a giant manta and its behavior permits it, you can also swim with this harmless creature). Once in the area, you will swim by the whale shark in groups of two plus the guide, for safety reasons and to ensure you get the best experience.
On the way back, you will stop near Cabo Catoche to snorkel the "cuevones" reef and maybe see sea turtles, nurse sharks, lobsters, squids, octopuses, and different reef fish. During the journey, you will get some catch of the day from a fisherman and prepare the freshest ceviche. Finally, you will go to Santa Paula, where you can stretch your legs, have a pleasant swim and enjoy the ceviche. From this point, you have a 45-minute journey back to Holbox.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :LUUMA, Av Damero, Centro, 77310 Holbox, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Muelle Tiburon Ballena, Isla Holbox 32, 77508 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 6 years old are not allowed.
- Season starts officialy May 15, but the arrival of whale sharks to the area vary each year.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.