Weavers' Area Walk - A walking tour in Varanasi to understand age old dying art.
Silk weaving is a thousand years old industry in Varanasi, which is known in world and even has received GI tag by Government of India. Now weavers' weave on a French machine invented in France in 1804. The machine used before that is worth watching.we will be walking through the area where many families live who work on these machines at their houses by a particular community. Then after we will drive to the cooperative center where you will get a chance to see the people weaving and one main family of this tradition who run this center we will try to understand the technicalities of it. Here you will get a chance to understand the operation of the old machine used before 1804 mainly for thousands of years. Here you will also see the final products known for their quality in the world, and even buy it as a best souvenir from Varanasi.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Harishchandra Ghat
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harishchandra Ghat, Bangali Tola Road Near Manasarovar Ghat, Varanasi 221001 India
We start walking from here to the area of weaver's.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hotel Ganges Grand, Front Of Marwari Hospital Building, D-37/47 Godowlia Crossing, Dashashwamedh Ghat Rd, Harha, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Dashashwamedh Ghat Rd, Ghats of varanasi, Godowlia, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.