Wax Palms, Salento and Coffee Private Full Day Tour
The best way to uncover the Coffee Cultural Landscape is to connect with it, to experience the culture, nature and the many colors and shapes of the towns within. In Salento, we provide these 3 experiences for you in just the one-day.
1. In the early morning, you’ll go to the Cocora Valley where you’ll stroll under the tallest wax palms on the planet, rising up the mountainside to meet the mystical clouds in the sky.
2. Later in the afternoon you’ll visit one of the most beautiful coffee fincas in Colombia, and uncover the coffee process and learn the very best secrets to creating great Colombian Coffee.
3. To complete the third part of your experience you’ll go through the captivating streets of Salento, through the colorful main street, the plaza (the square) and checkout the best sites.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Private Bilingual guide
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Region Paisaje / Landscape Region
- Entry/Admission - Salento
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the plan
- Experiences and transportation not mentioned in the plan
- Personal expenses and tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bosques de Cocora, Km. 11 Valle del Cocora, Salento Colombia
This morning you'll start your day with some beautiful views from the Salento Mirador (Lookout), and a look down into the valley you will soon venture through.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Region Paisaje / Landscape Region, Calle 2a 4a 55, Salento 631020 Colombia
Next, you'll take a trip into the lush Cocora Valley and a guided tour of the Wax Palm Forest. This valley is spectacular by itself, but when combined with the forest filled with the tallest wax palms in the world, it becomes an almost spiritual experience. You'll get to spend a few hours walking through this peaceful zone with more beautiful views in every direction.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: # a 3-90,, Cl. 3 #32, Salento, Quindío, Colombia
After you've stopped for a wonderful lunch you'll continue onto a sensational coffee tour. This is one of the best coffee tours in Colombia and so very unique. The reason being the philosophy of this single lady owner. She has created a Finca that is completely pesticide and machinery free. Every part of the entire process is done by hand and with this, you'll discover the traditional methods of growing the perfect coffee bean. You'll also get to explore this wonderful Finca and find so much more than just coffee is grown here, such as a large variety of fruits as well. You'll learn the complete process from the seed to the cup, including handpicking a few beans yourself.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll collect and drop you off at your hotel in Pereira or Salento
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are always monitoring health and security issues and will always keep our travelers' informed of any necessary changes that may be needed for upcoming travel plans.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.