Waterfront Attractions Tour in Sault Saint Marie
Sault Ste Marie's history has always revolved around the rapids. The story of industry, life, and labour in this city begins with the whitefish, moves on to the fur trading empires, the industrial giant created by Francis Clergue, and the canals that are the lifeblood of commerce on the Great Lakes today. The story follows the struggles of the working classes as he builds the canal, and later, adapts to industrial mechanization. It ends with the modern day output of steel, and the end of the twelve hour day.
Follow along as we take you through the history of life and labour in Sault Ste Marie, using old photographs and paintings to see the Sault through the eyes of people who came before.
per adult from
What's included :
- Self Guided Walking Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sault Ste. Marie Canal National Historic Site, 1 Canal Dr, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 6W4 Canada
No tour guides for this as tour is self guided on the On This Spot App - Simply download the app and enjoy at your leisure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :49 St Mary's River Dr, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 6G9, Canada
Departure Time :7/5/2020 - 12/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Sault Ste. Marie Canal National Historic Site, 1 Canal Dr, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 6W4, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- COVID safety is at the discretion of each product user as the tour is self guided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.