Waterford Crystal and Kilkenny Rail Tour from Dublin
See the picturesque cities of Ireland’s scenic southeast on a full-day rail tour from Dublin to Kilkenny and Waterford Crystal. Accompanied by a guide, travel by train to Kilkenny, an artsy and attractive city. Take a guided tour around its medieval streets and enjoy some free time before moving on to Waterford City. Tour the esteemed Waterford Crystal factory, which is responsible for producing many dazzling objects of beauty, including the Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball. End your tour with a scenic rail route back through the Suir Valley.
per adult from
12 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert guide
- Information pack
- Admission to Waterford Crystal visitor centre
- Reserved seats on the trains
- Return Rail Tickets
- Entry/Admission - House Of Waterford Crystal
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry to Kilkenny Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kilkenny Castle, The Parade, Kilkenny R95 YRK1 Ireland
We arrive in Kilkenny at 09:00 – known as the Marble City and situated on the river Nore. Kilkenny is a beautiful small Irish city. Most buildings are built of black limestone, thus the name the Marble City.
Kilkenny is dominated by its castle, the front gate of which is our meeting point (or as directed by your host).
There are several nice pubs that serve food: 'Paris Texas' on High Street and 'Langton’s' on John Street Lower both have a nice atmosphere and do great food. Further up High Street is the Church of Ireland Cathedral of St Canice. This beautiful cathedral dates from the 13th century and, after the reformation in 1539, became Anglican. It is well worth a visit (even if it is closed) for photographs, etc.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: House Of Waterford Crystal, The Mall X91 FXN4, Waterford Ireland
From Kilkenny, the tour continues to Waterford – a Viking city on the banks of the River Suir (pronounced shure). A visit to the new Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre is included in your tour, where you will see craftsmen engaged in the traditional tasks of blowing and cutting the world-famous crystal glass.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :Heuston Station, St John's Rd W, Saint James' (part of Phoenix Park), Dublin, Ireland
Departure Time :7:25 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly however buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps onto the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Children U16 cannot book independently. They must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.